You can actually do the vectorization within Cricut Design Space. Cricut Design Space does have some native vectorization capabilities. They are not great, but it covers a lot of use cases for Cricut crafters.
Cricut Design Space
You simply upload the JPEG/PNG image. Because there is high contrast between the colors and the back is uniform, you can select “Simple” in the upload process.
Then just Select and Erase the background by clicking anywhere on the background. Then select a Save as a Cut Image.
To cut around a photo in Cricut Design Space, start with Upload Image.
After selecting your image, select “complex” so Design Space knows to preserve the resolution of the image.
Then do nothing on the next page when it asks you what you want to keep and erase.
On the following screen, “Save as a Cut image”.
Create SVG File in Adobe Photoshop
- Open an existing JPEG or PNG image in Adobe Photoshop, or click “New” and open a new graphic canvas.
- Click the “Pen,” “Brush” or any other drawing tool from the “Toolbox” on the left side of the canvas. Draw your design onto the canvas using one or more drawing tools. If importing an existing graphic, click the “New Layer” button in the Layers palette to open a new drawing layer over the graphic. Draw over the existing image to recreate the image in vector format.
- Click on the imported image layer and press the “DEL” key to delete the image layer after you have recreated the original image in the vector layer.
- Click the “File” option on the top navigation bar, and then click the “Export” option.
- Type a name for the new SVG file in the “File Name” input box.
- Click the “Save as Type” drop-down box and then click the “Scalable Vector Graphic (.svg)” option. Click “Save.” The file is saved as an SVG file and can now be imported into the SCAL software and used in Cricut.
The function to make SVG files out of bitmap images is “Image Trace”. You can access the tool panel by going to Window > Image Trace.
After the image has been selected, select the “Trace Bitmap” function under “Path” in the toolbar
After this function has been selected, you should see this pop-up box in the upper right corner.
VectorMagic automatically convert JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF bitmap images to true SVG, EPS, and PDF vector images online by simply uploading them. Real full-color tracing, no software to install and results are ready right away!
DWG to SVG Converter
AutoDWG DWG to SVG Converter batch converts DWG, DXF and DWF to SVG without AutoCAD. The version of AutoCAD 2024~R14 is supported.
SVG Free Online Conversion